My dear Moose did fall asleep. Finally. He slept for three hours. I told him he was tried. Luckily, Husband had a short break from work and was able to pick Bean up from school, so I didn't have to wake up Moose.
Much the rest of the day involved the boys from House of Toys. Mrs. House of Toys worked three hours on my fireplace yesterday and worked another three (or was it closer to four?) tonight. She knows the bricks on my fireplace quite intimately now ... her husband might be jealous.
The fireplace looks SO MUCH better. Hopefully, Husband and I will get the trim up this weekend, then we can all fully appreciate how much better the WHITE fireplace is compared to the grimy, dark red/orange fireplace, yes? It's bizarre how different it is. The whole room looks newer. Twas not a mistake after all!
While the Mrs. painted, I wrangled children. Goodness, that lady has a tough job. At this moment, I'm quite thankful there's a bigger age difference between my two. Those boys play and play and play and hard, hard, hard. I'm not sure how she does it day in and day out. I was ready to pass out the moment they left (OK, maybe a little before they left).
The biggest challenge seems to be that the three of them (R, C, and my Bean) cannot all three be occupied with the same thing at the same time - not even Thomas on TV. Two of them want to do something and the third always wants to go in the opposite direction. It's like they plan it that way. Also, it seems, that they only listen two at a time as well ("Come here!" and "Don't do that!") ... so then you have to say things again and again and by then one or two of the other ones has wandered off. Goodness.
We played in the sprinklers with the kids from House of Trees for a good while ... until the mosquitoes started to eat us alive. I don't enjoy the heat, but I can't wait for those suckers to fry up. They make being outside quite unbearable. Anyway, hopefully the boys from House of Toys were tuckered out for the evening. I know Bean went down easily (as did Moose) - both are sleeping peacefully in their room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No such luck on the boys being tuckered out, but thanks for trying...They were still up when I got home and weren't asleep until 9. And of course Toodleoots was up with hubby at the crack of dawn. I am hoping for a great naptime today.
ReplyDelete