5.07.2009

A Clumsy Day

The day started out well enough. I slept till 8 and both boys were still asleep! I read my paper and ate breakfast and then Bean joined me at 8:30. Moose followed at 9. That's when things went downhill.

Moose peed out his diaper - leaving another pile of sheets to wash. I started work on the fireplace two days ago and this morning decided "it's worse than ever," "I made a huge mistake," and "how on earth could it be uglier?" Then I spilled iced tea all over the inside of the fridge. Then I spilled my lunch all over myself and the floor. All this on top of Moose's regularly scheduled program of spreading his toast crumbs from his highchair to every surface in a 10-foot range. All of this on top of the everyday mess that I'm never on top of.

Also, Moose hasn't taken more than a 30-minute nap in three days (that's what happens when you "insist that you will nap in your crib).

It's rounding out to be a fairly rough week.

I decided the fireplace was just too much right now, so I cleaned up all the paint stuff, rehung the shelves and arranged the pictures. I reinstalled the screen (whatever it's called, the thing that goes in front of where the actual fire would go, should you actually have a fire). Anyway, while it lacks a certain uniform coverage, I don't completely hate it. Once the paint issue is resolved and the trim is put on, it might actually be an improvement. So, at least I'm feeling better about that.

For today, I think I'm just going to stick to laundry. There's enough of that to keep me busy. While I still love the cloth diapers, man, I am sick of laundry.

On the plus side, Husband got all the yardwork done yesterday ... so at least we don't have to worry about that this weekend!

I have lots of pictures. Perhaps I will get around to those soon.

1 comment:

  1. The clumsy day thing must be going around, because I fell down a flight of stairs at work today...very classy. Kind of hard to convey an aura of authority when you've sprained your right wrist and are in so much pain that your eyes are watering, but you still have to brief your boss...good times.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL