5.11.2009

Almost Here

We'll be in California in less than a month! I can't believe it. We haven't been out there in more than two years, and I've never been out there in the summer! Seriously, three trips and I have never seen real California sunshine.

Mothers' Day was great. Husband made me breakfast, the kids had flowers and cards for me. Bean also made a t-shirt (yes, a green shirt with paint on it) for me. We went fishing later in the morning. Bean and I caught some weeds - I'm the big winner, though, because I caught a branch :)

For dinner, we had some great steak, chicken, and hot dogs. Thanks to this month's issue of Martha Stewart Living, Husband and I learned about direct and indirect heat on the charcoal grill. He can now grill food without burning the outsides black! Anyway, the food was all great and the boys played and played and played. Our air conditioner is now spotless, and I'm looking forward to that "up to 30 percent savings" on our energy bill.

Later, Mrs. House of Toys and I went over to my neighbor's house (now named House of Trees, which I will explain in a bit). We watched Desperate Housewives and discussed TV, racism, and mainstream music (all unrelated to the other). Mrs. House of Trees and I stayed up even later and watched the season finale of Brothers & Sisters.

House of Trees is named such because they did some SERIOUS trimming on their backyard trees. The branches covered the entire yard at one point and Mr. House of Trees has repeatedly cut down the branches into more manageable pieces and taken one small trailer to the dump ... and most of the yard is still covered. They didn't quite realize how much work they were making when he went crazy with the chainsaw. Fun, fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day.

    The book you suggested finally came in, so I'm going to be reading it on May 23rd (I'm not doing Suggestion Saturday this coming week because it's my brother's birthday and I'm reading a special book for that).

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL