Moose is 10 months old today. To so many people's shock and awe, he is still in our room. More specifically, he is often in our bed in our room. The playpen is set up at the foot of our bed and he always naps in there and usually starts the night off in there. Without fail, though, he is always in our bed by morning. I have created a monster. I know.
Well, today I told him, "You are napping in your crib." Ugh, what a process. He outright screamed or moaned for over an hour. When I would go in there to "calm him down," he just got more irate. Finally, though, he passed out. For 30 minutes. He's once again up and moaning (not screaming at the top of his lungs or anything, but clearly not happy and clearly still tired). I am trying my best to ignore him.
I should probably stick him in there for the night, but I'm a little concerned that he might wake up Bean. EVEN WORSE, Bean will wake him up at the crack of dawn (which is when Bean likes to get up). Bean is back to waking up at 7 a.m. and, thanks to his opening-other-people's-gifts shenanigans, his door is once again locked at night. So he has to knock and wake us up to get out of it. I foresee one grumpy mama and baby this week. I predict that Bean, of course, will have just as much energy as ever.
The house is in disarray. My neighbor (House of Boys, not to be confused with House of Toys) and I are planning a garage sale for May 30 - we almost did one last weekend, but thankfully I banked on bad weather and was right). We have a serious amount of stuff to get rid of. I really don't know where it all came from. There is a serious toy purge going on. The grandparents continue to send more things, so it's time for some of the old things and rarely-played-with-things to make an exit. Anyway, I'm sort of glad the garage sale was postponed ... gives me more time to decide what needs to go. Anyone need an original Nintendo with lots of games and components ... including, wait for it, a Game Genie! I am also parting with my first eBay purchase, an acoustic guitar. One day I will learn how to play guitar and when that one day comes, I'll buy a new one. (No joke, I bought that guitar my freshman year in college ... nearly NINE years ago!)
I also have 20 items (the most you can consign at one time) to take to the Base Consignment Shop tomorrow. I also posted a five things on Freecycle and have found homes for three. Oh, and between Mrs. House of Toys and I, we made $182 at the local scrapbook store's garage sale.
Yup, this all adds up to a disgusting amount of stuff.
Well, it we make a fortune, the boys will see some money in their college accounts and the house will see new living room lamps ... and maybe pillows (hmm, so maybe I should put our current pillows in the sale then?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B is 6 months old and he still sleeps with me every night. He starts out in his bed and then when he wakes up I bring him to bed to nurse.
ReplyDeleteBut P slept so much better once we moved him to his own bed in his own room. He finally started sleeping the night at a year old. Hang in there!!!
Moose was in his crib from 830 to 1230 last night and is napping in there today. We'll get there. I'll admit, though, that if my husband was deploying, I'd have that booger in bed with me every single night! You're right that they do sleep better in their own bed in their own room ... I'm just not ready for him to be so old!
ReplyDelete