5.05.2009

$1 Million

In an attempt to distract myself from the sad, moaning baby in the other room ...

Last Craft Night, one of the ladies offered the following question, "If someone gave you $1 million and you couldn't save it or invest it or give it away, then what would you do with it?" Basically, you have to indulge.

The most striking thing I thought of at the time was buying an inn in the Florida Keys, but that's sort of an investment ... and, honestly $1 million wouldn't get you too far in real estate in the Keys.

I've been giving it some more thought, and I've come up with the following:

(1) Complete a low-residency MFA in Creative Writing, probably in Vermont.
(2) Fix up the outside of the house, privacy fence, paint columns and shutters, install a new mailbox, install new trim around the garage doors.
(3) Hire someone to retile the bathrooms.
(4) Buy a new car. However, the new car I want doesn't really exist yet (see: a 3-row SUV that gets 40 mpg or is all electric).
(5) Pay off my mom's house (unless that counts as an investment, then I guess I'd get her a new car).
(6) Go on a Caribbean cruise.
(7) Go to Hawaii.
(8) Buy all the SU inks and cardstock I want.
(9) Complete my Copic marker collection.
(10) Take a Copic marker certification class.
(11) Take a beginners stained glass class.
(12) Take a quilting class.
(13) Buy an SLR digital camera and software.
(14) Take a photography class that teaches me how to use my camera and software.
(15) Take the whole family (the kids, my mom, my in-laws) to Disney World for a week-long, all-inclusive stay.
(16) Buy new bedding for our room and the boys' room. (I love bedding.)

Hmm. I don't think that eats up $1 million. Where will I find the time for these things? How do I buy time. Oh, add a trustworthy cleaning lady to the list! That would help a little. I also want to send all my laundry out. I don't even think they have such a service here, but that would be nice.

One can dream.

Baby is still moaning and sounding pathetic. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. You have a great plan. Would a trip to Vegas count as an investment? I hope the disposable income finds you.

    On your previous post: Does the Nintendo still work well? My brother would owe me. Though I'd rather he use the little spare time he has to clean his apartment. I hope Moose adjusts to his bed sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time it was plugged in, it worked. I could test it for you, if you wanted.

    No, I don't think a trip to Vegas counts as an investment :)

    (17) Pay off my in-laws RV ... that way perhaps they can retire earlier and spend more time parked in my driveway wrangling my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL