4.20.2009

Lazy Morning and Prepping for a Busy Summer

When Bean was sick with his cough, he started sleeping in til 8:30 every morning. It was nice. He continued doing this even after the cough cleared up. This week, however, Bean has gone back to his 7 a.m. wake up. Moose, on the other hand, is a sleeper-inner. When he gets up too early (usually because Bean is LOUD), then Moose gets fussy around 9:30 ... then he has to take both a morning and an early evening nap. I usually prefer that Moose just sleep, and then I put him down for a nap while Moose is at school.

Anyway, this morning Moose is still asleep! Bean has been playing with his trains (I caved and bought him James - his Grand-dad has a letter in the mail requesting a few others) and now is watching TV.

I was thinking about the summer and how to occupy Moose constructively. I've made up a week-by-week calender with a theme, letters, and numbers for each week. We'll study Disney and the Beach and Ocean while we're in California (Disneyland AND the Pacific Ocean for "field trips" - how perfect) and Trees and Dinosaurs while we're in Indiana (Dunes National Lakeshore and the Field Museum in Chicago). It'll be very relaxed, but I want to reinforce all the things he's learned this year. Moose is pretty easy-going, so I'm hoping he'll enjoy the "lesson plans" too. Other themes include America, Foods, Holidays, Trains, Zoo, the Body, etc.

I suppose we should get ready for the day.

You guys should text me on my super-cute new phone.

2 comments:

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL