So, um, I'm pretty much addicted to stamps. I used to only love rubber stamps (the wood-mounted ones that you typically associate with stamping). I've recently acquired a couple acrylic stamps. I love them as well. Love.
Anyway, sometimes I buy a "lot" (not to be confused with "a lot," but it's essentially the same thing) of stamps on eBay. Then, I "flip" them. I take out the sets I want and put the high-demand sets (such as hedgehog sets. Seriously. Those found of them call them "hedgies.") in their own auction, then I group the other sets by theme (like flowers, birthday, etc.) and sell them. I don't make much of a profit, but I make all my money back, so it's like the ones I kept are free (or, um, my profit. Have I lost you yet? Yes? I have. Sorry).
So, I sold off a round of stamps on eBay AND for the first time ever, I opted to print my mailing labels and pay for my postage through PayPal. Ohmigoodness. It's so much cheaper! Seriously. Freaking 18 cents for delivery confirmation instead of 55 cents at the dumb post office. I don't have to go to the dumb, slow post office. (Seriously, I think it's so dumb and slow that I have Husband go instead - he usually has things to send as well.)
Speaking of good deals. I ordered some ink cartridges from CastleInk.com. I was a bit leery. I usually pay about $15 to $25 for ink cartridges for our printer (an Epson Stylus CX3810 that I like so much I've bought it twice). They wanted like $5.50 and $6.50 for the ink with free shipping and no tax. Shipping was prompt, though, and the cartridges are perfect!
So, those are my latest recommendations:
Postage through PayPal.com
Ink through CastleInk.com
4.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I found out about printing postage, too and it changed my LIFE!!! I print postage to send stuff to everyone. Actually it has made me spend more money on shipping stuff cuz I ship more stuff than before. (I also used to make husband take the packages but now they pick them up!)
ReplyDelete