3.31.2009

Easter Fun

This morning Bean and I had a special project to work on. It's featured in this month's issue of All You. It looked easy enough, and we scored a big stash of jellybeans yesterday (2 for $1 at CVS, if you need to know).

Well, first we had to sort the "assorted" jelly beans by color:Bean did an excellent job of sorting the jellybeans by color. He was entertained and quiet for a good 15 minutes. He was perfectly content to sit there and sort them. He didn't even try to eat them, and he was quick to point out when one fell into the wrong container. Sorting is this kid's zen. Also, I should note that there were probably twice as many pink jellybeans as any other color. Poor orange had the least amount.

So, after the sort was done, we put them in the vase ... sorted by ROY G. BIV color, of course. We're first-born, it's in our nature:
Later in the morning, we made it to Walmart and got some flowers.
I set the vase on top of the egg plate. Bean says that it is beautiful.

*The egg plant is the ceramic project I glazed on Valentine's Day. I also did the eggs.

**Yes, I still have Valentine's Day placemats out. I really like them and they match my kitchen (which is black and white with red accents), so I plan on leaving them out till I get tired of them.

***I downloaded pictures from Bean's actual day of birth and our trip to Indiana, so I'll post those in the near future.

****Oh, and the stroller went together in minutes! Super-easy. We've tested it out twice now, and I like it. It strolls similar to my old one. I'm secretly hoping to still score a jogging stroller at a garage sale this summer. It would be nice to have both options - but I'm not going to push my luck by spending his money on another new stroller ;)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you can choose whether to believe me or not, but I was reading your blog post in my reader this evening and I saw the picture of the vase with jelly beans before I read the text, and literally the first thing that popped into my head was "HA! Mel and I are so alike that way, that's exactly what I would have done! Must be the first born thing." Then I continued reading on and literally laughed out loud when I read what you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL