Who knew that "the hallway" would present the biggest challenge in the world of interior painting. I suspect it's all the trim and tight corners. It's also an area where everyone must muster in and out all day, leading to bathrooms and bedrooms and back out to the main living area. It's narrow. Along with the trim, there's vents and lots of doors and the cabinets. It's cut in, all ugly wood is primed. So now it's time to roll the beige (ugh, I hate beige, but we have to think resale value ... I suspect no one would appreciate a home painted entirely Apple Green). After rolling, I'll finish off the trim. The cabinet doors will still be waiting for me.
Husband got the new lights up. I stuck one of our old fans on Freecycle, and the new owner claimed it yesterday. The other fan had to be hacked away and was, unfortunately, tossed in the trash. At least I kept one out of the landfill! He also got the curtain rods up in the boys' room and fixed the fridge door.
Oh, Saturday night, I went and got a pedicure with Mrs. House of Toys. We roamed the mall for a little bit and then ... we went to a bar. She never goes to bars. I haven't gone in, geez, nearly two years. So we sat and inhaled second-hand smoke. She asked for a lemonade and the waitress was flabbergasted and said they didn't have lemonade. When she asked, "Well, what do you have that is non-alcoholic?" The waitress didn't even know what to say. Seriously, she didn't even offer, "Soda." Mrs. House of Toys settled for water, and I enjoyed an ice-cold bottle of Bud Light (OK, a bottle and a half). We listened to live music, performed by some very grungy looking guys (we were thankful we were in another room and didn't have to look at them), and talked about things of yore. We smelled terrible when we left. I shampooed my hair three times before I went to bed. But it was a nice change of pace from the typical "lame stay-at-home-slob" agenda.
Moose is napping - has been since about 12:30!!!
I'm about two thirds of the way though Charmed Thirds (the third book in the Jessica Darling saga). I was devastated to learn that Perfect Fifths (the most recent JD book) won't be out till April 19! Stinks.
An odd thing I thought of today. My husband's birthday is on a 21st, my oldest son's is a 23rd - a difference of 2 days. My birthday is on a 2nd, my youngest son's is on a 4th, a difference of 2 days. Weird. These are the things I think about on my walk home from dropping Bean off at school. Perhaps this is why I'm better off surrounded by noise and chaos.
2.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment