The weekend sped by. Here we are at Monday again.
Saturday I spent the ENTIRE day scrapbooking! My Emma's Mom and I joined two other ladies. I completed 20 baby announcements for a friend, 18 valentines for My Emma, and several scrapbook layouts. It was a very productive day. I had an Italian been roast cooking the entire day, so we sat down for that (so good!). I also made mashed potatoes ... with half being sweet potatoes and half regular potatoes. The light orange color left a bit to be desired, but I thought they tasted just as good!
Sunday was pretty low-key. Both Husband and I have been on the brink of a cold - sore throats, a bit run down - so we took it easy. We went to lunch and Bean and I met a few members of the House of Toys family at the park for a while - we couldn't stay too long, though, because the wind was really blowing! Moose also tried bananas for the first time. While I was making my own dinner, though, he promptly got a hold of the bowl and dumped it. Guess he's not a fan on bananas.
To date, Moose is still nursing and eating rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, peas, sweet potatoes, and bananas. Green beans and carrots are next.
Other Moose news, I tried to let him "cry it out" last night (I let him cry for 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc. before I go in and calm him down), but after an hour of this I gave up. Moose: 1, Parents: 0.
We headed to the library this morning. I borrowed a stash of books, including the Megan McCarthy's first four Jessica Darling books (what is with my YA fiction obsession lately?) and David Allen's Getting Things Done and a few titles on pre-school stuff. Bean played for a bit in the kids section, then we headed home for lunch. Moose is lounging in his swing - he was sleeping till the UPS guy showed up.
Just so you know, the groundhog DID see his shadow. That's another 6 weeks of winter. I don't mind winter so much, but the wind has got to stop! (I guess it will ... one day ... when we get the heck out of Texas.)
2.02.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment