1.14.2009

This House

Today I found mouse droppings. Not even "suspect" mouse droppings. They are 100-percent, totally, most certainly mouse droppings. There is mouse shit on the floor of my pantry. Have I mentioned that this pantry has about eight holes in it from miscellaneous wires going in and out?

Well, I've had it. I pulled out all the trim and pulled out one wire (which, apparently was connected to nothing on either end) and pulled the three others out of their respective holes and pushed them into the ceiling (an old phone wire, a current non-working phone wire, and a cable wire). Now the mud is setting. No more holes. I still need to pull out all the nails and staples, then mud, then sand, then replace the trim, then caulk any and all holes and gaps, and then paint. I can't stand it anymore.

Stupid house.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just....I'm in awe. You just did that. You just decided to do some home repairs involving wiring. I couldn't hang up a stupid QUILT on my wall without falling off the ladder, cursing, and then having to ask my 6"3' neighbor to help me, but you just decided to do some home repairs (that involved wires no less!!), and you did it all in a day! A single day!

    I bow before your superior home improvement skills.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL