I didn't sleep Saturday night. Not at all. I had steady contractions ... but not REAL contractions. No dilation. No water breaking. Nothing. Just pains for the fun of it. All night. Actually, most the day every day for nearly a week now.
The boys didn't do this.
The nurses laugh and say, "It's because you're having a girl this time."
The first time I went in, they asked a series of questions regarding my previous pregnancies and this pregnancy. They asked if I was going to have my tubes tied after this delivery. I said no. I'm very seriously thinking about changing my answer to yes.
This baby clearly wants to be the last child I birth.
When she older and whines about not having a sister, I will tell her it is all her fault: "You were a terrible fetus!"
And when she is older and crying because of false labor pains, I will cackle and say, "Sweet revenge, my pretty!"
OK, I probably won't say that last thing, but if the lack of another baby is ever brought up, I will tell her just how awful this pregnancy has been. It could be worse, of course, but it could be so much better!
Our plan (Husband and I) is to make a permanent decision regarding "having more kids" when this one is 2.5 years old (that is typically when "baby fever" starts to stir up - we want to see where we're at then before making a final decision, but we are very, very strongly leaning towards WE ARE DONE). I always wanted to shutdown at 30 anyway. BUT I'd rather wait and decide than decide and regret.
My in-laws arrive Wednesday. They are making their way through Texas now. I don't envy that drive. Texas is a big state. You can go wide stretches without a single change in scenery. It almost makes flying seem appealing (minus the civil rights intrusions and TSA ridiculousness, and the waiting, etc.).
8.22.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I dont envy you mama with what you have gone through with this pregnancy! I hope little girl makes her decision soon of what she plans to do....arrive or cut out the false labor!
ReplyDeleteWe feel the same way about another baby. We are pretty sure we are done, but I can't do anything drastic at this point. I figure we will see how this one goes, but I am probably good for about 2.5-3 years!