For the first time in a while, I sat around and cut paper. My friend and I prepared a craft for this Wednesday's writing group. It's been a while since we've done something aside from writing. That's been going well, but I think it's a good time to try something different to inspire a writing topic.
So, that was fun - 5"x5" squares, 3.25"x3.25" squares, 3.75"x3.75" squares. There's something about the monotony that is very relaxing. Gardening is kind of like that, but thanks to the whole pregnancy thing ... gardening is not very fun right now (a lot of bending over that my body and acid reflux disagree with).
Husband hung my shelves that house my stamp sets. I'm eager to sort them on there. I made myself sit down and do a unit of social studies planning for next year. I am adapting the Louisiana Board of Education curriculum for home use. It ::seemed:: easier than buying a whole new curriculum. I was wrong. But I think it'll be good for him to have one subject that is going the same course as his peers. I also like the variety of topics covered, and it seems to use a variety of mediums to teach - all good things.
Oh, a neighbor brought over some native grasses for me to plant in my big bed out front. I should probably do that before the great stamp organization begins.
6.19.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment