4.10.2011

Gray

In all, I sampled FIVE shades of gray.

We settled on one we didn't sample - Winter's Day. It's the color we have the office in the rental painted. The right damn gray has been under our nose the entire time.Just gray enough without being too dark and does not appear purple. We've never once walked into the office and though, "Boy, this looks kind of purple." I sampled Polished Pewter (from Glidden), and it was certainly leaning towards the purple spectrum.

Now we are sampling beiges for the family room. We thought we had a real winner with Martha Stewart's Buckwheat Flour.But it might be a little too dark. We were thinking family room and the hallways ... but I JUST DON'T KNOW. I'm also unsure of the Apple-Winter's Day-Unnamed Beige color pallet. A rather intense light green, a light gray, and a beige ... are we getting ugly?

I have a feeling that any fairly neutral color will look JUST FINE once we're moved in. There's just so much EMPTY WALL SPACE right now that darn near any color looks a little overwhelming (OK, maybe the BRIGHT FREAKING GRANNY SMITH APPLE GREEN is a little overwhelming ... but I still love it).

I found a color from Glidden called Dapper Tan - too orange for our beige, but I thought it was a funny name.

Have a bored you to pieces discussing paint colors? It's the new "name the baby" game. Speaking of, only 10 more days till we find out :)

Husband finished (like seriously, FINISHED-FINISHED) the tile in the laundry room. We're all ready for a washer and dryer now :) He also put in the baseboard in the bedroom (needs sanded/puttied/painted, but it's in) and it looks SO nice. All the white trim really looks nice with the Blue Silk walls. He is installing a new mailbox today (seriously, the old one was falling over and so terribly cheap to start with that there was no salvaging it) - I bet the neighbors will appreciate that eye sore being resolved! I also got contact paper in the pantry ... just a million more shelves to paper ... ugh! It's like the stuff is fighting me the whole time I'm trying to place it. I'm also vacuuming out each cupboard and wiping them down with Lysol wipes. NOT FUN.

The flooring people are hopefully coming back to fix some areas of the floor - the boards seem installed too tightly, so they're buckling ... something tells me this might turn into a battle. I so hope not, but I won't be surprised. Nothing with contractors surprises me ... it's why we almost always do the work ourselves.

Touching up the paint on the cabinets is in progress. Getting the virgin wood to match up to the multiple-coats of painted wood is going to take some sanding and painting and sanding and painting.

I got a bit of the Winter's Day up in the living room, but my body was begging for a break after I finished rolling what I had poured.

I also have about 10 cans of paint leftover from the old homeowners that I want out of my sight! I never want to see that navy blue AGAIN! There's also a red and purple, perhaps from a few homeowners ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL