12.01.2010

NaNoWriMo


I made it! On November 29, I typed up my 50,000th word. All my writing buddies also crossed the finish line. I'm proud of them - and proud of myself.

So, you may now to refer to me as novelist. You may also refer to me as the best teacher in the world (because one of the kids that I tutor made a me a card that said so).

I like to use these new titles to get out of certain tasks.

"Husband, I cannot change a diaper. I am a novelist!"
"Bean, you must do what I say, because I am the best teacher in the world."
"It's so exhausting being both a novelist AND the best teacher in the world."

No one in my household respects either title, so being so awesome hasn't changed my life whatsoever ... except Husband wants me to refine my novel so it'll be bought for loads of money and made into a movie and then spawn off into a series. I told him I wasn't touching the damn thing for a while and, as a matter of fact, I don't even want to hear the syllables NaNoWriMo. Good God, I am so glad that is done.

1 comment:

  1. i've had those two titles for a while...they are obviously for self-affirmation, because it seems no one else can possibly understand how awesome they are (except others with the same titles) :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL