1.27.2010

M&Ms Meeting

This morning, the steering team for the mommy group I'm in, M&Ms, had a planning meeting. It's our first meeting together in a while, and it felt great. We're bringing some new blood into the steering team, because our head gal is starting her grad school career and I, of course, will be moving.

Our February meeting is full of great things - it's love-themed and we're doing bridal shower decorations and games and bringing brunch food. Super-fun stuff! Who doesn't love making wedding dresses out of toilet paper?

I feel rejuvenated with the group - I don't know if it was the winter blahs or what, but I wasn't giving the group the time and attention that it deserved. Maybe I got nervous over the whole impending move ... I do tend to distance myself from things when I find out they're about to change (total child-of-divorce defense mechanism), but I'm going to try and not let that get the better of me. The facts are that I craved out a life here and will miss my friends dearly when I move. I will cry - maybe not in front of people, but I will. So, that's that. It's going to feel like hell whether I distance myself or not. One thing I've learned over the years, though, is that time does wonders. It is what it is.

I am, once again, hosting the M&Ms Easter Hunt at my home on Good Friday.

I have a newsletter to write (and have passed a few of the "find this" sections on to the new mom) and updates to make on our Yahoo! Group.

I'm really and genuinely excited.

=====

Picked up High on Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips. My husband said, "Is that about drugs?" Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL