1.26.2010

Happiness 101 Award

Katy at Bird on the Street nominated me for the Happiness 101 Award.  Are we all laughing?  Yes?  Well, it's easy ... I just need to name 10 things that make me happy.

1. Moose's Haircut.  It was terrible ::during:: the haircut, but it's really grown on me.  I can see his cute face and big blue eyes!  Also, he sticks food in it less often.  Who doesn't like that?

2. Italian Beef.  Apparently, Texans are not familiar with Italian beef, and I feel so sorry for them.  I also feel bad that they don't know about decent pizza.  Italian beef is one of the tastiest things on the planet.  I had some leftovers in the deep freeze and heated them up yesterday.  Chicago-style food might not be fancy, but - damn - it's good.

3. The View.  It makes some people's ears bleed, but I rarely miss an episode.  My grandma passed away almost eight years ago.  I always watched The View with her, and I loved it.  Barbara was her favorite.

4. Good Garage Sales.  I love finding hoards of great and useful stuff for cheap.  Piles of boys clothing for $5, beautiful decorative items for pennies on the dollar, board games for a quarter.  I just love it.  (Speaking of which, have you seen the show American Pickers on The History Channel?  I'm addicted.)

5. When My Husband Gets Home Early.  With few exceptions, when he walks in the door, everything gets easier for the evening.

6. Walking Home from School.  Each week, Bean's class learns about a new letter.  Most of the walk home, we take turns naming things that begin with that letter.  This week is P.

7. Mail.  I love getting mail.  I love my kids getting mail.  I like packages.  I like sending mail.  I like picking out stamps at the post office.  Yup, I'm a big fan.

8. Rubber Stamps.

9. The Idea of Moving.  Oh, I'll hate the actual move, but I'm ready to move on.  I was over this city from the moment we arrived.  Yes, I will miss all the great friends I made, but I will not miss this lackluster city (or the ridiculous property taxes and electric rates).  Yes, a new place, a new start.  I like that.

10. A Good Book.  I love when a book sucks you in like a good TV show - except, instead of being done in an hour, you're still enthralled three hours later and all the pictures are just in your head.  It doesn't have to be pretentious and educational, it just has to grab you.

Now, you're it ...

C at CW5H20
Renee at Another Day
Teresa at The Turning 40 Project

1 comment:

  1. I forgot how bad the pizza was there. Go ahead and eat as much Mexican food as you can muster, though, because that is hard to top!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL