This should be my motto: If it's not one thing, it's another.
The dog. Has fleas. And brought them into the house. So, the house has fleas. I told the exterminator, "I don't care if the stuff causes cancer, I want you to KILL everything!" They will be here at 11 a.m. tomorrow, but they warned me that we'll still see fleas for another week or so. We need to vacuum every day, we need to keep things neat and tidy and laundered and cleaned, we need to give the lawn a good trimming and pick up all stray debris. You know, because between my husband's job, two little kids, and a half-complete bathroom renovation, we have loads of time to keep everything (inside and out) spotless! Are you kidding me?
But we'll do our best, because we have to.
I should mention that I am forever thankful that my husband is helpful with the house and the kids. Really, my in-laws should be very happy with the man he's become. It doesn't mean he's perfect, but he's a good man.
Moose is in good health and spirits. Bean, however, was hit with some sort of bug (no, not fleas) on Tuesday and ran a fever that night and stayed home Wednesday. He complained of body aches and a sore throat, but he's mended and is back at school today. Then he gave it to me. It was all body aches and sore throat - woke up last night every single time I swallowed (so, you can imagine the great night's sleep I got). After jumping through some hoops, I did see a doctor this morning ... to be diagnosed with "nothing." To sum it up, I have snot that isn't draining properly, which is putting pressure on my ears and causing the "irritation" on my throat. Lady, this is not irritation, this a fire. A fire in my throat! The nurse, who's been practicing for 25+ years, took a throat culture, but the doctor (who is my age) decided that was unnecessary and threw it out. I'm not an ageist, but ... whatever.
So, that's where we are at. We have tile floors, grouted and all, in the "new" bathroom. Oh, we also have an operating toilet. The cabinet/sink are in, but they're not attached (do not have the right parts) ... but it sure looks pretty (and is no longer in the bedroom). So, it's getting there.
I have vacuumed once today, but I need more vacuum bags (must change them after each vacuuming).
Goodness. I hate complaining this much. Please forgive me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WE went through the flea thing too a while back. All I can say is UGH!!!! An armadillo tracked them into the yard. Ugh!!!!
ReplyDeleteCommenting on your last post, Charlie's favorite composer might be the Black Eyed Peas as well--he's crazy for their music.