11.18.2009

Funk

So, the house is sprayed. Aside from a moth that flew in yesterday afternoon, I haven't spotted a creepy crawly (or a jumping, blood-sucking crawly ... whatever the case may be).

About a week in a half ago, I wore some shoes that I shouldn't (I have the feet of an 80-year-old woman). Anyway, the shoe dug into the left ankle and I've had a quarter-sized oozing sore there ever since. It is gross. I'll just leave it at that. It does, finally, appear a bit better today.

I found this new-to-me sit yesterday: Fly Lady. It's about household organization and all that fun stuff. Her first tip is to keep your kitchen sink clean. This is a task that Feng Shui also insists on. So, it's probably something I should start to do. The sink is currently filled with hot bleach water. I wonder how long this will last?

Moose is getting two new teeth! The bottom ones on either side of the front two. So, he's, um, less than pleasant lately.

Bean's favorite game lately is asking "What letter does ______ start with?" He loves when you "guess" the wrong letter and he knows the answer.

Oh, and I bought new flatware. It's a good weight (Husband doesn't like "too heavy") and there's plenty of it (16 settings). It's a neutral pattern, shiny stainless steel and some brushed. It also comes with butter spreaders and sugar spoons. (Please note that I did not pay that much for it. It was on sale at Kohls for a far better price ... but still enough to make my husband roll his eyes and say, "Why do we need new spoons? What is wrong with the stuff we have?" To which I say, I don't like it, I've never liked it, it's skinny and cheap-feeling, and we have two different sets that don't match, and I've wanted new stuff forever, and I found it, and ... no one is listening to much after that).

1 comment:

  1. I really think I should improve on the sink thing. My sink is GROSS and really do think I'd liek it if it were a bit cleaner. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL