I'm missing Bean being at home. You sort of get used to waking up a little later in the morning with no strict agenda for the day. Also, Bean is a huge help with Moose - something I didn't really realize over the summer. Even when it was, "Talk to the baby for a minute." You know, he kept the baby happy and occupied for a little bit and that let me finish whatever I was working on. Luckily, Moose has napped a little. I try to get the housework and crafting done during that time. When Bean gets home, he entertains Moose for about 40 minutes, so I can get all my computer stuff done.
Bean is doing well at school. He did have a "blue" day on Wednesday, because he was talking during "carpet time." (FYI, green is the best color, blue means three warnings and a time out, yellow means three warnings and a time out and a call home, red means all that and a trip to the principle's office ... or something like that. Let's hope Bean never makes it past blue.) He's made several projects and the teacher went on and on one morning about how well he did with his scissors: "He was having a tough time, but he just kept on with it - even through snack time. He did it all himself. Most the kids gave up." Way not to be a quitter, Bean! (But, Bean, just so you know ... if you ever join the school band - not that I'll encourage such a thing - I'll let you quit any time you want. Seriously.)
Oh, and, yes, Moose was kicked out of the nursery at church. I went to Family Night at House of Trees' church. Moose was in the nursery for about an hour and screamed the whole time. They thought he might start throwing up. (He was hysterical.) "He wouldn't eat a cracker," they said. What horror! Anyway, clearly, Moose's evening anxiety has not been resolved. The nursery had, what I thought, a few too many kids and Moose was amongst the youngest and certainly one of the few not walking. Poor kid.
I think Bean will continue with Awanas (which they have during Family Night), but I'll be that mom who drops my kid off and leaves and comes and picks him up. I don't think Jesus really cares, so I won't worry about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment