So, I offered to watch my (ex) neighbor's boys while she worked. The boys were with her parents most the summer and her husband just left for Korea. The kids start school in three weeks, so the idea of arranging (and paying) for full-time formal child care for three weeks seemed a little silly. So, I have them three days this week and four days the week after that. She's trying to rotate them between me and another friend so we don't get burnt out. Ha ha.
The boys from House of Boys are actually well behaved. Yesterday went really well - we went to the park, played Mario Kart, played outside with bikes and balls. They ate lunch and snacks. We also watched a movie and ate popcorn. Taking care of five was probably easier than taking care of my two. There's always someone to entertain someone. Each of them played with the baby alone at some point and were very gentle. You tell them to clean up, and the boys know how to clean. I will say, the logistics behind five children is much more complicated - I don't have a car that holds them all (am borrowing her SUV today) and they eat A LOT. Someone is always "hungry."
Today we are off to the spray park to meet one of my friends and her 13 month old. Should be interesting.
8.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
with five you can play basketball
ReplyDeleteYou are one brave mama! :) But I do agree with you, there is always someone to entertain the others.
ReplyDelete