6.04.2009

Non-Sleeping Baby

Ugh, this baby will not sleep today. He screamed bloody murder on several occasions but is still wide awake. I thought his teeth were bothering him, so I offered him some teething tablets and Tylenol. He still screamed. I gave up and hauled the kids to the mall - Moose screamed anytime the strolled stopped. Geez, kid.

I bought some new shirts and shorts for the boys - more things that they can slide in and out of (if I have to button Bean's pants one more time ... seriously, if you cannot button and unbutton them yourself, then you have no business wearing them). Scored some good deals at The Children's Place and JCPenneys. Also picked out some new luggage. It's green (which was my top requirement, practicality was very secondary). Please note that Moose, despite being 11 months old today, maxes out most 24-month clothing. I found some footed PJs in 3T for him to move into next.

The dog is also driving me crazy. She is barking more often and it seems to have gotten higher pitched. I am ready to kill her.

I laid the baby down AGAIN. He is screaming AGAIN.

In wonderful news, however, I won some blog candy of my own. Last week, I won a free print from Bird's Red Bean Dream store. I picked out several more prints and have been on the lookout for some frames, but I haven't found the right ones just yet. She's a fellow Air Force spouse, something I learned after my big win :)

Also, in wonderful news, I won some Copic markers blog candy from Marianne at her I Like Markers blog. It's $80 of great Copic stuff for FREE! I am really looking forward to the glitter pins and multiliners. I'm not a very experienced Copic user, but I'd love to learn!

I can't believe my luck lately.

Now, as much as I love my print and Copics, I would gladly trade them for a happy, sleeping baby. I don't know what his problem is today!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Nx :)

2 comments:

  1. Mel you are awesome. Can I come to Texas and visit you? I might like Texas...after all that's where the facebook quiz said I should live! ha. And I miss you.

    BTW are Copic markers anything like prismacolor? Maybe I could use them for my cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nx, Copic and Prismacolors are similar but different. (How's that for an explanation?) I have never played with Prismas, but from what I understand they are both artist-quality markers. Copics seem to be the preferred medium for Anime artist ... perhaps because the markers are Japanese.

    Please come to Texas, you can play with my markers. Check out Marianne's blog for more info on Copics. She's great.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL