
We had a great long weekend. Husband took Friday off, and we stopped by Bean's school for the Valentine's Party. The kids ate banana splits and exchanged valentines. Bean was 1 of maybe 3 kids that did not give candy with his valentine. What's the deal with that? I remember maybe 1 or 2 kids gave candy each year and now it's the norm. My kid does not need the extra sugar ... seriously.
Husband bought me some beautiful roses, which are still dressing up our dining room table quite nicely. I made him a card and gave some Sour Patch Kids ... pretty minor compared to that huge vase of flowers! We even went on a date Saturday! We watched the boys from House of Toys Friday night, so Mr. and Mrs. House of Toys could go out and they watched our boys Saturday during the day. We went for lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then to the ceramics shop on base. We prepared our greenware and painted and went back yesterday to glaze. Husband made an alligator and I made an egg dish (to hold deviled eggs, I'm not sure what the technical term is) and three eggs for Easter. It was fun and relaxing and a nice change of pace from the typical dinner and a movie.
We finished the hallway and did some shopping and did some other small projects around the house.
Tonight we're having Italian beef (again). We've become a bit obsessed. Bean is bouncing off the walls (despite lunch at Burger King, where he mainly played at the Play Place) and making entirely too much noise (really, if I can't have an off switch at least give me a mute button!). Moose is napping ... which is the only reason I'm able to blog. Silly baby now taps on my keyboard if I have it out while he's being held (which is nearly all waking hours).
No comments:
Post a Comment